Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wine Tasting in Temecula






Brian took me wine tasting in Temecula for my birthday last weekend. I had so much fun. It was way more thorough of a wine tasting tour then the one I went on in sulvang a few months ago. On this one at the very first stop we got to see where they stored the wines and how it was made and taste the grapes off the vine! They were so sweet and so good! We went on the Grape vine tours shuttle and the shuttle had about 6 other couples on it that were celebrating anniversaries or birthdays too. The shuttle driver was very knowledgeable about the wineries and the way each of the wineries made their wines.
At two of the wineries they gave me a necklace with a cork on it since it was my birthday. At the second winery that was a bit smaller then the other ones we went to they let me help smash the grapes, (not with my feet like, the i love lucy episode) but with this smasher thing that they use now, apparently it is more sanitary then using your feet...
At one winery they had this dessert almond champagne they served in a chocolate shot glass.It was so yummy and the best part was you got to eat the cup after. I wish every cup I drank out of was chocolate. :). The last place on our tour had really good flavored champagne. We bought a bottle of their peach champagne that was very yummy. Brian was not that big of a fan of the wine but he went and had a good time because he loves me :).
It was a good weekend and I cant wait to go again with other couples or with my girlfriends.

No comments: