Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pictures of Carson and friends and a lesson learned from the Burger King play place.











Brian and I watched Emily MacShane last Saturday and we took carson and her to the park here are some pics from there fun day together.
The other pics are ones that I realized I never posted and I thought others would want to see. One is of Carson and his cousin's Lili and Kylie at Lili's 3rd birthday party. It was a luao. The other pic is of Carson's favorite girls Charlie Parris and Emily Mac Shane hanging out at Caleb's 1st birthday party :)
I love the pic of the back of Emily and Carson drinking their juice ha ha. I tried to line up all the kiddos at Caleb's party and take a pic as you can see I didn't pick the greatest location for that, haha. Carson got to play some ukalaylee (sp?) at the lili's birthday luao. Every other week or so I go visit my aunt Carrie in Corona she does Day Care from her home and we (carson and i) meet up with her and her day care kids and there are a couple pics of one day when we met Carrie and her day care kids at Chuck E Cheeses. Note to parents: Giving a 1 and 1/2 year old a shot at skii ball, not such a good idea. He was chucking those skii balls I thought he was going to knock some one out. His skii ball kept going in other peoples lanes, and they weren't happy but I was laughing too hard to stop the madness..haha.


I actually met with my aunt and her day care kids today and we went to the burger king in Anaheim hills that has the play ground up stairs. Carson was not brave enough or BIG enough really to climb the maze to the top to actually get to the twisty slide. So of course I took my shoes off and climbed and twisted my body around that little obstacle fitting myself through tiny tunnels questioning the wieght capacity of the plastic tubbing.. as i got to the top and waited for kids that were in a hurry to pass us. Carson got scared at that point and wanted to climb back down the 15 min maze and not go down the slide. He began screaming and squeezing a piece of my arm so hard there is litterally a bruise on my inner arm from his pinch today..I told him "Carson there is no turning back now, we are going down this slide. I will hold you the whole way down but we cant turn back we worked too hard to get all the way up here." (plus I didn't think I could fit my self and carson going back down the small maze.) I said , "it's okay carson, its going to be okay. maybe even fun" So I held my screaming scared child at the top of the Burger king play place still wondering the weight capacity of the plastic tubing as we got situated to go down. I held him on my lap the whole way down.

Lately I keep reflecting on how easy life was when I was living with my parents, and when I get scared of the future and what God has planned for mine and Carson's life up ahead I want nothing more than to retreat back to what I knew was safe and comfortable and go back to my parents house where i came from. Just like Carson felt scared to go up head in the dark tube of a tunnel to a slide because he was unsure of what was head and all he wanted was to just turn back and get down the way we came. The way the had more light and seemed safer. I however, knowing the safer easier route down as his parent had to try my best to calm him as he was in hysterics and reassure him that it would be okay if he just trust me we only had a few more feet to go until we could get to the "fun" part he would like.
God is like the parent in my real life story and I am the scared child that knows I should trust my parent who knows best but fear the unknown. I just need to trust my God who knows the path ahead and wants me to just hold on to him in hysterics or not, but just to trust him that he will keep me safe, and he will provide for me and take me where I need to be.
Man! all of that revealed to me while reflecting on my adventures in the Burger King play place!

No comments: