Friday, May 2, 2008

What are little boys made of? Snips and Snails, and puppy dog tails

The full Poem goes like this: What are little boys made of?Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tailsThat's what little boys are made of !"What are little girls made of?"Sugar and spice and all things niceThat's what little girls are made of!" I always that that was not very nice to make the girls sound so pretty and nice and boys sound so dirty and messy. Today, Carson made me realize the reality of this poem. Carson is definatley all boy, he loves playing with any sports ball, He wakes up saying "ball" "ball" he makes sound effects, recently learned how to spit, and thinks its funny to spit on the floor. He makes grunt sounds when he throws the ball on the release he goes "uhh" Carson has had a recent interest in all things nature. When I take him to the park he wonders off the playground and plays in the grass, or pulls bark off a tree. Today I took Carson outside to try out his golf set and he got distracted by the dirt he could play in. I looked over and noticed he found a lady bug. He was so fascinated by it, He kept taking his little hands and would pick it up, then set it back down, then pick it up again, each time squeezing the life out of the poor little bug, by they 5th time I told him, "yep Carson I think you pretty much killed it" I love this picture of his tiny chubby hands getting ready to get the bug I wonder what he is thinking at this point Next the little bug scavenger found a snail.. So I got out my camera to tape him looking at it and this is what happened next

I saved him just in time! So the poem snips and SNAILS and puppy dog tails rings so true now. I him though even though he loves to eat dirt and try to eat bugs. I just want to hug and squeeze him and kiss him all day long.

2 comments:

Mashel said...

Angela, that snail video is hillarious! Welcome to the wonderful world of boys!

Dawn Coleman said...

Hi Angela! Carson is such a cute little boy! Marshall almost killed a ladybug the other day too, luckily I rescued it and it flew away!